We know maintaining your vehicle is a SAFETY & VALUE necessity. In recent years, we have seen more neglected auto maintenance than in the past. That's why we've put together the following tips, to help you save time, money and help reduce any automotive repair anxiety, so that any money you spend is money well spent.
1. AUTO MAINTENANCE, EARLY DIAGNOSIS AND REPAIR are without a doubt your "Best Value" when searching for minimized vehicle operating cost. Left unattended, small malfunctions can, and usually will, lead to serious, major auto repairs. Check your transmission fluid level once a month. It should be RED (in most cases) and full. If you're having to add fluid regularly, you may have a leak.
2. AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID SERVICE should be done once a year or every 15,000 miles (whichever comes first). Regular maintenance can add years of life to your vehicle.
3. If LEAKS are detected, (Check for leaks where your vehicle is normally parked.) you should consult with a transmission shop right away. Small leaks may go unnoticed which can leak to a major repair. At Croce's most leaks can be repaired in one day.
4. Be Aware of Changes in the DRIVING CHARACTERISTICS of YOUR VEHICLE. You know your vehicle better than anyone. Check Engine Light. / Service Engine Soon Light, Late or Early Shifting, Slipping and Noises or Vibrations of any kind Should be Diagnosed, Immediately.
5. A common question or misconception in the industry has to do with transmission repair Phone Quotes. We understand that many may feel safer with a price first. Worse case scenario or Ball Park figures may sound like reasonable requests but when you think about it, you are actually making yourself vulnerable. You've condemned the transmission before getting a professional diagnosis. Many assume they need a major transmission auto repair and are happy to find out after a professional diagnosis, only a minor auto repair is needed or that their concern is not transmission related. Here's an example: Would you call a dentist in pain and just ask how much it is to remove a tooth without having it looked at and how professional would that dentist seem to you if they just gave you a price over the phone?
Now looking at Phone Quotes again. What if a shop gave you a phone quote without checking out your vehicle and based only on price, you brought it in? How vulnerable are you if your vehicle needs only a minor auto repair?
At Croce's we don't guess with your vehicle. Today's vehicles have computer controlled transmissions. We will check out your transmission concerns professionally and give you the facts. You will get an explanation of our findings, an estimate, warranty details and answer any questions or concerns you may have. With this information you'll be able to make the best auto repair decision and if there is anything we can do to help make your auto repair experience more convenient just ask. We will do our best. To Top